Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Blog Post 6


Prompt: describe to a future college student (somebody born within the past 20 years but who is not yet in college, to include next year’s freshman class or that little girl born yesterday) an old-school technology you grew up with that she or he won’t adequately recognize or understand.

Back in the Day

Back in the day we went outside
Back in the day we had VCR, VHS, and Cassettes
Back in the day flip phones- the latest trend

Now you have Google glass
Now you have electric cars
Now you have I-phones, I-pads, I-everything galore

Technology will advance evermore, 
What doors will open?
What doors will close?

As I type this now technology seems at its peak
But I know that this can not be so

Forever it will rise like the tide
When will it fall?

What will you be reading this on?
Would you need to read?

Did we land on Mars?
Did we create floating cars?
Is the world still hungry?
Is the world still sick?
Did we become worse or better?
Do we still exist?

I ask a lot of questions that I may not know the answers too
But I know that you do


Note: A Cassette is an old tape that would go into portable players. This device was before the CD player, which predates the Ipod or MP3 player. A VCR is a video player, and a VHS is a tape player think of it as the ancient DVD or Blue ray player. Finally, a flip phone is a cell phone that had the screen covering the key board. To access the keyboard you would "flip" the screen up, which is why it is called a "flip" phone.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you wrote it into a poem! That is pure art! It is an interesting contrast to think about how our early childhood is different from those now in early childhood. So much has changed in the last 15-20 years, the world is a different place! I also liked the technology clarification at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete